- This event has passed.
Energy Systems – Looking forward to 2050
Wednesday 17th February @ 10:00 am - 12:10 pm
SIRACH Network Event
This online meeting will explore the future of energy systems and look at the challenges and opportunities to be faced by 2050. It will also explore the arguments for centralised versus localised systems for energy and heat production.
Register for your free place here
Chaired by Graeme Maidment Chair of the SIRACH Network
- Where will we be by 2050? An overview exploring the opportunities and challenges to be faced in order to move to a more sustainable and energy-efficient future – David Elmes of the Warwick Business School
- How will building become more energy-efficient, Hywel Davies Technical Director of CIBSE –
- Role of E-Mobility in Future Energy System, Sagar Mody, Cenex
- The future of Hydrogen, Charlotte Farmer, Hydrogen East
- A heating revolution
- Heat Pumps, Chris Jessop, Independent Energy Consultant
- The Future of Heat Networks and District Heating, Anthony Riddle, Silver EMS
- An interactive session focusing on pros and cons of centralised versus localised energy production