- This event has passed.
Propulsion Futures Beacon Industry & Academic Forum Disruptive Technologies
Thursday 5th November @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
This Vision aspires to discover where new combinations of materials science with mechanical and electrical engineering can produce major benefits in propulsion systems and take the first steps towards launching new R&D activities around these.
Led by Professor Seamus Garvey, Professor of Dynamics & Director of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Gas Turbine Transmission Systems, Faculty of Engineering and Chaired by Professor Frank Kirkland, Technology Innovation for Aircraft Propulsion.
- Welcome – Romina Davoudi, Head of Operations
- Introduction – Professor David Grant, Professor of Materials, Propulsion Futures Beacon Director
- Disruptive Technologies- Professor Seamus Garvey, Professor of Dynamics & Director of the Rolls-Royce UTC in Gas Turbine Transmission Systems
- Ammonia – sustainable superfuel or safety nightmare? Dr. Mike Mason, Oxford Martin Research Fellow, Visiting Research Fellow, Centre for Sustainable Chemical Technology, University of Bath
- Disruptive attitude for Disruptive altitude, Electric Flight Concepts- Dr Richard Glassock, Research Fellow in Hybrid Propulsion Systems for Aircraft
- Aerospace electrification – Will it ever take-off? Eddie Orr, Head of Capability, Rolls-Royce Electrical
- Some thermal challenges in high-speed propulsion system- Russ Payne- Reaction Engines Ltd.
- Presentation by Dr Ben Todd, CEO Arcola Energy
For further information about this Vision visit our website.
Through a series of Industry and Academic Forums we would like to create an environment that brings together researchers from academia and industry, with diverse experience and activities in distinct, yet complementary areas, to discuss the development of research and collaborative projects. We will also share the progress, achievements, and investments that the Beacon has made so far and open the discussion on a range of themes that cumulate to drive greener transport forward.