- This event has passed.
Short course: Navigating the sustainability agenda
Tuesday 9th March - Wednesday 10th March
09 March 2021–23 March 2021, 10:00 am–5:30 pm
This three day course will run 9-10 March 2021 and 23 March 2021, with a two-week break between Day 2 and Day 3, to allow for in-depth reflection and application of the knowledge gained in Days 1 and 2 to the participants’ home organisations.
UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources
About the course
In 2021 get your compass for a sustainable future from the new series of short courses for business executives, from the UCL Institute for Sustainable Resources (ISR). In the first course of three days you will get a grip on overall business and sustainability issues, before being able in later courses to dive into circular economy, net zero, sustainable finance and other issues. The courses will equip middle and senior managers with the knowledge and leadership skills they will need to thrive as the business environment transforms around them.
How can business navigate successfully sustainability in unprecedented times?
In an age of unprecedented change and disruption business leaders now more than ever need a combination of wide-angle lenses to pick up the mega-trends, and focused expertise to understand how to navigate their organisations through the turbulent times these trends will generate. The watchwords for the future will be sustainability and resilience.
The UCL Institute for Sustainability Resources (ISR) is launching a series of short courses, based on its world-leading research and policy advice on pathways to sustainability, to act as a compass for the future.
The first course: Navigating the Sustainability Agenda will provide an overview of business and sustainability issues. Later courses will focus on the circular economy, net zero, sustainable finance and other issues. The courses bring together the world-class academic expertise of London’s Global University, University College London (UCL) with the global experience of Anthesis and Volans, two leading consultancies in business sustainability and transformation, with their hands-on insights from working on these issues with some of the world’s leading corporates and public sector organisations. ISR brings insights from the knowledge frontier.
- Day 1: 9 March 2021
- Day 2: 10 March 2021
- Day 3: 23 March 2021
The two-week break between Day 2 and Day 3 will allow for in-depth reflection and application of the knowledge gained in Days 1 and 2 to the participants’ home organisations.
- Enable participants to understand the impact of current global, economic, social and environmental pressures on their organisations
- Show them how to navigate the complexity of the issues through system-thinking
- Introduce them to how other organisations have sought to align sustainability with the core organisational strategy
- Enable them to assess the opportunities for innovation and collaboration with key stakeholders
- Encourage them to reflect on the values, thinking and practices that need to be developed to be an effective change agent
- Help them to construct a practical action plan (within their sphere of influence) to drive internal change.
The total price for the course (full three days) is £1200.