Maynooth – Ireland
Assistant Professor/Lecturer (Post 1995*): €54,849 – €87,724 p.a. (7 points)
Assistant Lecturer (2021): €34,749 – €60,985 p.a. (14 points)
Appointment will be made in accordance with the Department of Finance pay guidelines.
*New entrants to the public sector will be appointed on the first point of the Assistant Lecturer (2021) payscale or the Lecturer (Post 1995) payscale.
We are seeking an excellent academic to join our staff as an Assistant Professor / Lecturer in Chemistry. The person appointed will have a proven record of teaching, research and publication, appropriate to career stage. He/she will be expected to make a strong contribution to the teaching programme of the Department and undertake teaching duties on the Department’s undergraduate and postgraduate programmes as well as the supervision of Master’s and PhD students.
The appointee will be expected to build a strong research profile, that supports the University’s research strategy including affiliating to the Research Institutes, where appropriate, and working with colleagues on national and international research. The appointee will be expected to sustain and conduct research, engage in scholarship of quality and substance and generate publications of international standard.
The Department of Chemistry is seeking candidates with the potential to build on the research strengths of the Department in the areas of Sustainable Chemistry/Renewable Energy Chemistry. Areas of Sustainable Chemistry/ Renewable Energy Chemistry the Department would be particularly interested in would include photovoltaics, fuel cells, batteries, carbon dioxide capture and storage, and renewable resources. The candidate would be also expected to contribute significantly to curricular developments and design new courses so that the principles of sustainable development are promoted in our taught programmes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in sustainable chemistry;
- A strong academic record in teaching and research;
- A record of scholarly work and publication of international quality, demonstrating potential to become a significant contributor in their field;
- Experience of and a demonstrated commitment to undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, programme development and academic innovation;
- Experience supervising graduate research students;
- Experience of, and commitment to, working in an interdisciplinary setting;
- Good administrative, organisational, teamwork and communication skills.
For further details including full comprehensive job description please see reference number 011541 on the Maynooth University vacancies page at: