Battery Storage Consultant
Everoze is a technical and commercial consultancy accelerating the transition to a net-zero energy system. We listen carefully to our clients, partnering with them to make projects, companies, and technologies financeable and future-system focused. We are employee owned. Our team is skilled, agile, and cohesive. We deliver projects with positive impact, high quality, and high margin.
We are hiring a battery storage consultant engineer to work on projects in Western Europe, with a focus on the UK and Ireland.
You will be advising developers, owners, investors, and public bodies on battery storage developments as a technical and commercial consultant. Your work will initially be focused on the GB and Irish markets, with opportunities to work further afield depending on your appetite and language ability.
Specific activities will include:
- Delivering technical and commercial due diligence for grid-scale battery storage developments – both as a project manager and in supporting roles
- Acting as an Owner’s Engineer on new-build assets: drafting Employer’s Requirements (including system specifications, scopes of work, testing criteria, warranty requirements), assessing EPC tenders, supporting contract negotiations, monitoring construction, witnessing and analysing performance testing, checking contractual compliance.
- Acting as an Owner’s Engineer on operational assets: performance and energy capacity analysis, carrying out site visits, performing contractual compliance checks
- Supporting strategic work in the energy storage and flexibility space
- Training others (both internal and external) on technical and commercial aspects of battery storage.
- Developing and maintaining client relationships and winning work
- Contributing to the Everoze project: supporting business functions, pitching new tactics, and getting involved in all the other non-commercial aspects of our work.
We would like to hear from you especially if:
- You understand the technical and commercial aspects of battery storage projects well enough to advise on multi-million pound / euro investments in the sector;
- You are as comfortable talking to system designers about battery sizing and control strategies, as you are talking to investors about how the battery system will (or won’t) fulfil their business plans;
- You share our core beliefs of entrepreneurship, partnership and quality;
- You are excited to work in an open non-hierarchical environment;
- You are self-motivated and will take advantage of the autonomy of your role to shape your own career;
- You want to use your skills to change our energy system for the better.
More information about the role and how to apply can be found here.