£33,797 to £35,845 per annum
Applications are invited for a Research Associate in Thermochemical Energy System. The person will require expertise in heat pump and thermal energy storage technology, with a particular emphasis on thermochemical sorption and gas compression.
The successful applicant will be expected to carry out high quality research leading to the development and demonstration of an innovative hybrid heat pump and thermochemical energy storage systems through experimental and numerical investigation. The Research Associate will directly work with Dr Zhiwei Ma, Dr Huashan Bao and Professor Tony Roskilly and contribute to the recently awarded EPSRC project-“Advanced hybrid thermochemical compression seasonal solar energy storage and heat pump system (Solar S&HP )”.
- A PhD in research which thermochemical/sorption technology development.
- A good first degree in Engineering with a high thermodynamics emphasis and content (equivalent to a UK upper 2nd class/ 2:I honours degree or higher).
- Experience of conducting high quality fundamental research in thermochemical/sorption technology.
- Publishing high quality conference and journal articles.
- Experience in design and setting up laboratory test rig and conducting experimental research.
- Demonstrable ability to produce concise and well-written reports for a range of stakeholders.
- Solid academic background in thermochemical process, thermodynamics, heat pump, heat and mass transfer, heat exchanger, and gas compression systems.
- Excellent skills in computer programming such as MATLAB, Simulink and EES (Engineering Equation Solver) and/or other relevant dynamic simulation software, and experimental skills.
- Demonstrable ability to work cooperatively as part of a team, including participating in research meetings.
- Ability to manage time effectively and work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent presentation and dissemination skills.
- Ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders.
- High level of organisation skills.
- Ability to contribute to the planning and management of independent research.
Customer advert reference: 20000543
Please apply here.