We have created an Early Career Researchers (ECRs) forum to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration, problem solving and learning among peers who are engaged in energy storage research. Access to flexible funding, a mentoring programme, workshops, seminars, and other events, will be part of the ECRs forum to facilitate knowledge exchange, identify research gaps, and support career development.
The ECRs forum is available to PhD students, postdoctoral fellows, and junior lecturers (typically that are within 36 months of their first academic lecturing appointment in a UK university). To become a member of the ECRs forum please subscribe here.
Do you want to have an active role in ECRs activities?
We are creating an ECR committee to give you the opportunity to have more control over the Supergen Network+’s resources to decide how to help the ECR community thrive and develop.
We are looking for ECRs who are:
- Interested in creating new opportunities for the Energy Storage community;
- Good at communicating with other researchers in the field to find out what is needed and how to deliver it;
- Proactive and able to drive things forward;
- Willing and able to spend at least 18 months on the committee (starting December 2020).
What you will get in return:
- The opportunity to choose how the Supergen Network+’s resources are spent towards the activities that the ECR community needs;
- Reimbursement of all of your travel and accommodation costs to attend ECR committee meetings (three per year);
- Free registration for the combined WESC/UKES conference that will be held in Birmingham in Autumn 2021.
If you are interested in joining the new committee please send your CV and a cover letter here outlining how you can contribute to the success of the ECR community by the 23rd October 2020.